SEO General Settings
SEO General Settings Overview
A collection of settings that can be used to adjust factors related to Search Engine Optimization per user. Adjustments can be made to the html sitemap, site-wide document names, and more. A User, as referred to below, is any website generated from the same Control Panel as the current website.
SEO General Settings Properties
Page name Words Delimiter: Set the delimiter for your Category Type, Category, and Product names to be either an underscore or dash. The SEO engine replaces consecutive _ and – characters in the page names with the single Pagename Words Delimiter
Default Pagename Extension: Set the page extension for your Category Type, Category, and Product names to be either .htm, .html or php.
Split Pages Navigator Type: The Split Pages Navigator is the group of pagination links that will appear at the top of your Categories that contain more than one page. For example, if a given Category is set to display 30 products per page and there are 90 products in that Category, then the Category will be split into 3 pages. There are 3 choices to format the Split Pages Navigator:
- The first option is to create a list of links that represent the product count on each page. For example (with 30 products per page): “1-30 31-60 61-90 91-120 121-150”.
- The second option is to create a list of links that represent the page number of the Category. For example: “1, 2, 3, 4, 5”.
- The final option is to create a List of Entity Names. Entity names can be specified as a comma separated list per Category. The entity names will be used as the link text in the split pages navigator. For example (replace Entity Name with the actual entity names you have entered for the given Category): Entity Name 1, Entity Name 2, Entity Name 3, Entity Name 4, Entity Name 5. The purpose of the List of Entity Names option is to allow you to display customizable link text instead of the plain-old “1 2 3 4 5”.
- Group Every: Used in conjunction with the List of Entity Names to configure how many navigation items will be repeatedly grouped together with the HTML tag <ul> …<ul>
Use Canonical Links: If Yes is selected then for the product links, use canonical links to source products. These links will be skipped when the store owner has multiple stores and a product from one store links to a product from another store. The store owner had multiple web sites where the original product is selected for one website and the product link is selected for another website.
Wrap Current Breadcrumb With: Allows the store owner to choose what H tag will be used to wrap the current Breadcrumb on the generated pages.
Dynamic Views of Inactive Products: This property allows your site to keep well ranked dynamic views of inactive products.
- Issue HTTP 404: Selecting this option will automatically issue HTTP 404’s to all inactive product content when additional dynamic views (like “Printer-Friendly”) are requested.
- Show Product Content: Selecting this option will show inactive product content for all inactive product content when additional dynamic views (like “Printer-Friendly”) are requested.
Redirect Views of Missing Products to URL: This property allows your site to automatically issue HTTP 301 redirects to a specified URL (commonly a custom page) when missing/deleted products are requested on dynamic views (like “Printer-Friendly”).
Sitemap: popularity links: Allows you automatically place lists of your users on the site map of each of your users.
- The Create and Include in the User’s URL in Other Lists option will place a list of users on the site map of the selected user (unless the other user(s) has selected the option Create but Don’t Include the User’s URL in Other Lists or Don’t Create Don’t Include). A link to the selected user will also appear on the other users’ site maps.
- The Create but Don’t Include the User’s URL in Other Lists option will place a list of users on the sitemap of the selected user (unless the other user(s) has selected the option Create but Don’t Include the User’s URL in Other Lists or Don’t Create Don’t Include). A link to the selected user will NOT appear on the site map of other users.
- The Don’t Create Don’t Include will cause the Control Panel to NOT place a list of links to other users on the site map of the selected user. A link to the selected user will also not appear on the site maps of other users.
Sitemap: products per page: Specifies the number of products that will appear on each page of your sitemap. Automatic pagination occurs if necessary.
Sitemap: include Brief Products: Brief Products are like an alternate set of Detailed Product Pages. This setting determines if links to your Brief Products appear on the sitemap.
Sitemap: include Product Images: Choose None or the size type of image (Tiny, Thumbnail, Small, or combinations thereof) that you would like to appear next to each product link on your sitemap.
Sitemap: include Product Tabs: Product Tabs are an optional part of your product data. Product tabs allow you to create a tab-based interface for your Detailed Product displays. This feature allows you to specify if each tab should link to a new page or pull data from the same page. The Sitemap: Include Product Tabs setting determines if links to individual Product Tab pages are included on your sitemap.
Sitemap: custom links position: Custom Pages are a type of generated page that are normally used as informational pages, like Home, About Us, Contact Us, etc. The Sitemap: Custom Links Position allows you to specify if links to your Custom Pages should appear at the beginning or end of your sitemap.
Apply SEO Naming Rules: Selecting Yes will make the naming rules of the user that owns the order be applied to the product names when another user reviews the order from the administration pages.
When this is selected, the product names on the PowerSearch and the confirmation emails will also use these naming rules.